Global Distribution System (GDS) is a travel agency’s foremost choice for booking airline tickets and ancillaries. In fact, GDS can be attributed for the growth of travel industry and internet-based travel services in the present scenario. The systems provide aggregate rate and availability data to OTAs and travel agents.
Travel agencies are the basic ingredients of tourism industry, therefore, it is said that tourism revolves around travel agencies and tour operators. Travellers, today, have plethora of options for transportation, accommodation and other travel related services. In such a scenario, they depend on travel agencies to guide them correctly; in turn travel agencies depend on a robust system that keeps them up-to-date and gives them access to a wide range of bookable travel content.
For Travel agencies, it is imperative to have access to a large amount of data in order to meet the demands of travellers. And, Travelport Smartpoint is the rightmost travel technology that aggregates content from thousands of sources and provide information to you in a user-friendly way.
Packed with brand new and excellent features, Travelport Smartpoint 8.2.1 helps you to adapt in the new age of technology and be a step ahead in the travel market.
Some of the salient features of updated version are:
• Improved Smartscreen for increased flexibility, which means you can keep the cursor anywhere on the screen for start of the message, users are not limited to position cursor in the white box. Similar to host view, there is no need to switch
• Enhanced branded fares that promotes upselling more easily. Now fare families can be sorted by brand tier to promote up-selling and the brand details are now available from the ticket record and stored fare displays
• Improved fare results as users can select up to 5 carriers on the Air Availability and Flight Shop Search forms
• Improved hotel results as you can select up to 8 multi-level rate codes on the Hotel Availability Search form
• More relevant results with a new end-to-end pricing modifier for branded fares
• Save time with the removal of the mandatory CVV code for UA paid seats
• With new Special Service Request (SSR) codes, rest assured for improved efficiency. Travel agents can select DPNA from SSR drop-down menu on Travelport Smartpoint and tab to input additional details manually. These codes are used in the airline industry to assist people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Travelport has even launched a global campaign to raise awareness and use of SSR codes among travel agents.
Besides these, Travelport Smartpoint 8.2.1 is bundled with a host of smart features such as customizable workspaces, improved PNR history, color-coded interactive smartscreens that will make your selling experience faster and easier than ever before!