Log in Register

Login to your account

Don't have an account yet? Register now!
Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *

AccorHotels and Algeciras to buy Atton Hoteles

  • 14 May 2018

AccorHotels and Chilean group Algeciras have signed an agreement with the shareholders of Atton Hoteles in order to acquire the company. As per the agreement, AccorHotels will acquire 100 per cent of the management Company that operates 11 Atton hotels (2,259 rooms) across Chile, Peru, Colombia and Florida, USA. Besides, AccorHotels will acquire 20 per cent of the Property Company that owns these assets, the remaining 80 per cent being bought by Algeciras. Atton Hoteles was founded in Chile in 2000. The hotels cater to the business travellers on the midscale and upscale segment. It has three hotels under development. In order to capitalise on Atton’s existing brand equity, most of these properties will be co-branded with AccorHotels brands, before being fully rebranded to Pullman, Novotel, MGallery & Mercure in the midterm.

Total cash consideration for AccorHotels will be US$105m or c. €89m at current exchange rate, including €67m for the operating Company, and €22m for the 20 per cent stake in the real estate arm, reflecting post-synergies & pipeline 2020e EV/EBITDA of respectively 10X and 9X. The transaction will have an accretive impact on Group earnings from the first year. AccorHotels will have a put option to sell its 20 per cent in the PropCo to Algeciras after five years.

This acquisition further consolidates the current footprint of AccorHotels in Latin America, where the Group has built leadership for many years, with 335 hotels operating, and 166 under development, while strengthening its presence in fast growth markets such as Chile & Peru.

Patrick Mendes, CEO, AccorHotels for South America, said, “We are delighted to have come to this strategic agreement with Algeciras. With Atton’s portfolio, AccorHotels will strengthen its leadership position in Latin America and complement its offer to its customers and loyalty members with attractive key destinations.”

Login to post comments

 

.

UBM Travel Portfolio

  • slider-logo1.png
  • slider-logo4.png
  • slider-logo3.png
  • slider-logo2.png

Social Followers

  1. Events
  2. Webinars

SATTE - South Asia's Leading Travel Show

From: 16 Jan 2019 To: 18 Jan 2019
  • The West Coast Canada and the Rockies and win a trip to Canada
    Date : 01st November 2018
     
  • East Coast of Canada and Introduction to the Canada Specialist Program
    Date : 10th October 2018
     
Webinar Archives
  1. Appointment